YEAH!!! Z-portal was recently nominated for a Liebster Award! What the hell is a Liebster Award exactly? Well, apparently a Liebster Award is kind of an unofficial award given to small time bloggers like myself who have under 200 followers. Just to give them a little more exposure and also encourage bloggers to keep up their hard work. So here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer their 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 other blogs that have under 200 followers.
- Ask them 11 questions of your own.
1. What is your favorite horror creature of modern times?
I wouldn't even know where to begin answering this question. I've always liked Vampires but Twilight has all but destroyed any coolness associated with them. I guess it would depend on how you define "modern times". If the cut off was the year 2000, I guess the creatures from Feast? I'm such a Creature Feature fanatic, it would be hard to pick just one. The Mist also had some pretty cool creatures in it, that really big one they seem stomping by is super creepy to me because it makes me feel so small and helpless.
2. Did you ever doze off while watching a horror movie at the cinema/home? If you did, name the movie.
I don't think I've ever dozed off watching a horror movie, but I do remember dozing off at the Tom Cruise remake of War of the Worlds. That's Sci-Fi though, so I'm not sure that really counts. Absentia bored me to tears but surprisingly didn't put me to sleep.
3. What is your idea of a perfect horror movie?
Preferably something with a lot of gore and nudity, but still something clever and fun. I don't demand too much from movies. I'm usually pretty happy with a horror movie as long as it was entertaining and kept my attention throughout the movie. (A pretty girl to look at doesn't hurt either!)
4. If you can change something about yourself, what would it be?
I'd like to be buff and totally in shape, if only to outrun zombies when the outbreak begins...
5. If you can contribute something to the community, what would it be?
A sense of humor? Everything is so damn serious nowadays, people get offended at the drop of a hat. Everyone gets so uptight about things that shouldn't really matter. People need to loosen up and learn to have a little fun. I can understand that ignorant people will always misinterpret a bad message but that's no reason the rest of us who have a brain can't enjoy our entertainment. Instead of trying to get me to be more politically correct, how about you do more to educate the younger generation? That's like telling me I can't be sarcastic anymore because 3 out of 5 people in the room don't understand sarcasm. Natural selection will eventually weed out the weak-minded, what's there to worry about?
6. Chainsaw or shotgun?
Shotgun. Definitely. As much as I would like both, I already have a bunch of machetes in my closet, so it would be nice to have a projectile weapon. I would blow those friggin' zombies back to hell!!!
7. The most underrated movie in your opinion?
Killer Klowns from Outer Space!!! Everyone wants to trash this Sci-Fi cheese-fest but I thought it was a lot of fun! Sure, the movie is downright silly but you can't deny how imaginative they got. Cotton candy cocoons, flying popcorn pods that sprout Killer Klown piranha plants, and they top it off with Klownzilla at the end?! This movie was a shit load of giggles and I would recommend giving it a fair shake if you've never seen it before. Return of the Killer Tomatoes comes in at a VERY close second.
8. Why did you start your blog?
I actually started by making custom lists on Netflix, back when Netflix still had a community, so I could easily keep track of movies that I enjoyed. Seemed like other people really enjoyed those lists too, so I kept on working on them because Netflix's recommendation system wasn't so great at the time. One day I hop on Netflix to find they had removed their community and all my lists were gone!!! I was really disappointed after having spent countless hours organizing those lists, so I decided to branch off and start my own blog instead. This way, I could still recommend and organize movies without having to worry that everything I've worked on will disappear one day.
9. Have you ever disapprove a comment?
Nope, trash talking is so common on the Internet, it's almost unavoidable. If someone disagrees with what I'm saying, it's their right to. I don't mind at all if people have an opinion that differs from mine. At the end of the day, I write because I enjoy it and I'm sure there are people out there who enjoy the movies and topics I discuss. I could care less if a hater wants to use up their time commenting on my blog and checking back for responses while driving my traffic up! The only bad press is NO press because as they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity. I have deleted comments that were obviously just spam though.
10. List 5 things you never leave home without.
- Sony Xperia Play
- Cell phone
Never owned a car! I'm from the city, where you can take public transportation wherever you needed to go.
With those questions answered, I get to nominate 11 other bloggers for their Liebster Award. I thought all the images used for the award were too boring, so I made my own!!! (Yes, I suck at Photoshop so I just used Paint to make the crappy award at the top of the page) But here are my 11 nominees for their Liebster Award:
- Forced Viewing - http://forcedviewing.com/
- Golden Vision Optometry - http://goldenvisionoptometry.blogspot.com/
- 2,500 Movies Challenge - http://www.dvdinfatuation.com/
- Hey! Look Behind You! - http://www.heylookbehindyou.com/
- Cool Target: Action Movie Reviews - http://cooltarget.blogspot.com/
- Cine-Apocalypse - http://www.cine-apocalypse.com/
- Kung Fu Fridays - http://kungfufridays.blogspot.com/
- achillesgirl in action land - http://achillesgirl.blogspot.com/
- Improvised Cooking - http://muffindoctor.blogspot.com/
- Stalk n Slash - http://stalknslash.blogspot.com/
- 80's Horror Movies - http://80shorrormovies.blogspot.com/
1. What's your favorite film genre? (You can narrow it down to a sub-genre if you'd like)
2. How did you get your start in blogging?
3. What is your goal, if any, with your blog?
4. Outside of blogging, what are some of your other hobbies?
5. What was the biggest event, TV show, book, or any major influence on your childhood that shaped you into the person you are today?
6. If meeting you for the first time, what would be the proudest quality about yourself that you would like any other person to know?
7. If you could be stranded on a deserted island with one celebrity of your choice, who would it be and why?
8. If you suddenly became a billionnaire tomorrow, what kind of company would you own or what would you be known for doing? (After you buy the new house, cars, and had your fun shopping of course)
9. If you could only eat one type of cuisine for the rest of your life, what would that be?
10. What is your biggest fear in life?
11. Finally, dig down deep for this one, what is the most embarrassing thing you've ever had happen that you would NEVER have posted on your blog... if you weren't answering these questions??
I would also like to encourage any of the 11 bloggers I chose (with Photoshop experience) to create their own image for the Liebster Award because there is a serious lack of awesome images for it. Hope you guys all have fun with this!!!