Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Re-Animator on Blu-Ray this September!



Re-Animator is one of my all time favorite movies and it's finally getting the Blu-ray treatment... just in time for my birthday too!!! Image Entertainment will be putting out the 1080p transfer on September 4. I cant wait!!

I've always been into mad scientists ever since I was a kid. Books that I read as a kid would always depict mad scientists conducting various experiments. One such book that I can remember was called "Blood, Bones, and Body Bits"

Fun AND Educational!

I also used to own both the Doctor Dreadful Food and Drink Labs!!!


And of course, growing up on Nick at Nite, I used to LOVE Grandpa Munster from The Munsters. He was not only a Dracula-type character, he was always in his "dungeon" working on crazy experiments!!!


So, of course, I fell in love when I first saw Re-Animator. Kind of a pseudo-zombie story with a mad scientist carrying a syringe full of glowing green liquid that brings people back from the dead. Add a bunch of awesome splattery effects (that I love oh SO much) and throw on some catchy 80's horror movie beats.... and you've got an absolute winner in my book!!! If you haven't seen this movie yet, check out the trailer below and make sure you pick up the Blu-ray that drops this September!