Monday, June 18, 2012

Updates and New Blog - The Retrospective Geek

My apologies to those who read this blog, as it may seem that I am once again neglecting it. Truth is, I've been busy because I am starting another blog. If you follow my activity on Twitter or Facebook, you will see that I try to post anything horror related that I come across onto the Z-portal page. I just haven't had much of a chance to actually sit down and write as of late. I do have some plans though for updates. So far I have been:

  1. Following all the cannibalism in the news during that first week of June.
  2. Planning to write a post about cannibal films - part of what was setting me back was actually renting some of the cannibal films that I didn't have and watching them in preparation to review them.
  3. Trying to be more active online - Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter. I tend to forget Google+ because there isn't much activity on there. I try my best to remember to update!
  4. Keeping up with news on horror movies and trying to watch more horror - it's harder now that I spend more time around my niece and nephew so I can't just throw on bloody horror whenever.


I did see The Cabin in the Woods and started a review on it but wanted to do the cannibal films first. I might just finish off the review and post it so there's something new in the meantime.


I also watched Drive Angry recently... and WOW!!! How the hell did this movie slip under my radar?? I mean, I kept hearing about it and was wondering what the movie was about. I never bothered to look into it until it was posted onto the horror movie page on Facebook. I thought it was some action movie but when it was being discussed on the horror page, I decided to finally check it out and I have to say that I regret not seeing it in theaters. I absolutely LOVED this movie and would kill for a chance to see it on the big screen. So expect a full review of Drive Angry soon.

In the meantime, I will be working on that post about cannibal films and since I own and have seen the more popular ones, I just need to catch up on the ones I'm missing. So expect that post to come as well.

As for the new blog, it's always exciting to undertake a new project. I'm going to try really hard not to focus too much on one over the other. As far as I'm concerned, these blogs represent who I am as a person. As much as I absolutely LOVE dark and morbid things, female nudity, and cheesy movies... I'm also re-discovering old interests such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pro Wrestling, and Video Games. As much as I'm sure my readers aren't so one dimensional as to not have other interests as well, the focus of this blog has always been a bit more adult-oriented. So my posts about Power Rangers and cartoons didn't really feel like they fit in.

My solution was to launch another blog where I was free to focus on things with a lighter tone. Something slightly more PG-13 and family-friendly. I am now able to better filter adult vs. kiddie themed topics to the appropriate blog. So to my readers, thank you for all your support as that's what has made all this possible. I will not neglect you or my newer audience in the future and will do my best to find ways to entertain both parties. Please drop by the new blog to take a look around and see if it interests you in any way. If so, show your support!!!

http://theretrospectivegeek.blogspot.com/

Thank you all for your time and for the opportunity to share my thoughts and opinions.