Saturday, May 7, 2011

Free Comics Day + Forum

As many of you may have noticed, we're already a week into May and there hasn't really been any new posts on the blog. That's because I've been busy working on my new forum lately!!! I noticed that sometimes I would find information that I wanted to share with my readers, only it wasn't enough information to write an entire blog post about. So I decided to start a forum to compliment this blog and have tried to integrate it into the blog here:

http://z-portal.blogspot.com/p/forum.html

There isn't much on the forum yet since it's just starting out, but I'm spending a lot more of my time over there. Furthermore, this blog feels like it's limited in terms of interactivity. Some of you may have noticed that I updated the comments section a little bit to make conversations more fun, but this blog is still mostly my thoughts and opinions. With the forum, my readers can now interact with each other and share anything they find on the net as well!! So I encourage all of you to swing by the forum and sign up. Join the community and let your voice be heard. 

(Note: The forum is just a pool to dump all the stuff I come across, I will draw from this pool of information when I need to construct a blog post. Go to the forum and help add to the information pool or just go there to check out anything that's already up)


Also, for those of you who don't know, today is Free Comic Book Day!!! So to all you comic lovers out there, check your local comic shop to see if they're giving away any free comics today. Check the official site to see if they have a listing of participating shops near you. For people here in San Francisco, here's a list of some shops participating in the 2011 Free Comic Book Day:

http://sf.funcheap.com/free-comic-book-day-bay-area/

Or check out the official website: http://freecomicbookday.com/