Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Piranha 3DD


A sequel is in the works, slated for a November release later this year, and is looking to reunite Feast director John Gulager with Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan who have both written for the Feast trilogies and some of the later Saw movies. (starting from about Saw IV) Production seems to be delayed already because they're working on the 3D to "make sure it's done right" but that's totally sweet because if it's anything like the original.... I would definitely want the 3D to be perfect. I don't usually like it when they pump out sequels without the same directors and since Aja isn't returning, I was initially skeptical. But I thought about it and I can totally see the Feast guys doing something awesome with this series since it's right up their alley. I just hope it's not a lame sequel like Hatchet II. They are looking to call it Piranha 3-Double D and rumors have it they want it to take place at a waterpark. The guys at Bloody-Disgusting are staying up to date with news and rumors.