Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Very Scary Christmas to All!!!

I would like to wish everyone a Very Scary Christmas. I had originally intended to review a bunch of films for Christmas this year but being a slacker, I ran out of time. So instead, I thought I'd just compile them into a list that you guys can check out and I'll just get around to actually reviewing each film individually at a later time. I hope everyone's enjoying their holidays!!


First up, I was going to review Jack Frost. This super cheesy B-movie is fun to watch as long as you know what you're getting into. Somewhere along the lines of a SyFy original movie, this cheesy B-horror is about a serial killer who is being moved when he dies in an accident involving a chemical spill. His body is melted into the snow and everyone assumes that he's dead, until his body reforms into a deranged mutant killer snowman. Back to wreak havoc in his new snowy body, he takes his revenge against those who let  him die.


Next up was going to be the sequel, Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman. Now, if you thought that the first movie was cheesy... you're going to LOVE this one. I don't remember the storyline exactly but he somehow ends up on a tropical island and, instead of melting like normal snow would, he sneaks around killing people nearly undetected. (I mean, who would ever suspect a killer snowman to be on a tropical island?) At least this time around, he actually looks like the picture on the cover.


For Christmas today, I was going to review Santa's Slay. Professional wrestler Bill Goldberg stars as a murderous Santa Claus who stalks and slashes "naughty" little boys and girls. (Okay, so I don't actually remember him picking his victims... he just kinda killed indiscriminately from what I remember) Watching a big, buff Santa Claus murder people makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl. Highly recommended for those looking to get into the holiday spirit.


And finally, since Canadians will be celebrating boxing day tomorrow, I was going to review Black Christmas. This Canadian horror flick falls perfectly into both of my themes for this month, Christmas Away from Home AND a Very Scary Christmas. A group of sorority sisters are receiving creepy phone calls by a mysterious stranger that is stalking them all around the house. Slowly, they're killed off one by one in this atmospheric Canadian slasher. Remade here in the States back in 2006, the American version felt more like one of those quickie MTV remakes. They tried to up the gore and use pretty young ladies to keep viewer interest peaked. (Totally falls flat compared to the original though)

=============================================

Also, there were some movies that would definitely into the theme... except I haven't seen them myself. So instead of robbing all of you of these films, I decided to just link out to people who did review these films. Check out the following reviews from my friends over at Forced Viewing and also one from the super cool horror review site, Killer Reviews.


6 Films to Keep You Awake: The Christmas Tale - http://forcedviewing.com/2010/12/24/6-films-to-keep-you-awake-the-christmas-tale/


Christmas Evil - http://forcedviewing.com/2010/12/17/christmas-evil-reviewed-by-the-drudgeon/


Elves - http://forcedviewing.com/2010/12/23/elves-reviewed-by-the-drudgeon/


Gingerdead Man - http://www.killerreviews.com/staff_review.php?movieid=4151

Happy Holidays everyone!!!! I hope everybody was able to get into the spirit of this holiday season.

1 comment: