Monday, November 8, 2010

A Serbian Film?


A friend of mine hit me up to this movie yesterday. I had scrolled by it before on a site but the title was so unassuming that I didn't take the time to look into it any further. ("A Serbian Film" isn't exactly the most eye-catching title they could've come up with) She sent me a link to the Wikipedia page where I read the quick summary at the top of the page (I didn't want to spoil the movie for myself so I just skipped over the synopsis) and, despite the mention of the review over at Bloody Disgusting, I still would like to see this movie for myself. Any movie that can make a reviewer over at Bloody Disgusting liken it to having his soul raped.... is a movie that I absolutely MUST own. (or at least see it once for myself)

Now the question is... does anyone know a way for me to get my hands on a copy of this movie?

6 comments:

  1. Ha, good luck. It's struggling to get a release anywhere and it's even had to be cut to be shown at most festivals.

    A friend of mine has seen it. He's a film festival programmer so maybe you could try and pose as one yourself to get a screener? If you're in the UK Jinga Films hold the rights so they're the ones to ask. They might even give you a copy if you say you're going to review it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're friend seems cool. yea getting your "soul raped" sounds about right. im glad he gave it one skull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dave_or_did, thanks for the info bro. If you're looking for this movie too, stay in touch and I'll let you know if I ever get my hands on a copy of it.

    @Sarah, Yeah... she's probably the coolest person I know =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. heya

    i can prolly get you a dvdscreener of it.

    any chance you can download it from some place i put it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Oli, Hells yeah man!! Shoot me an email with a link and I'll be all over that bitch like white on rice. If you need me addy, it's:

    wes.ha86@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete