Thursday, October 7, 2010

Movie News: October 7, 2010



When I posted about the Night of the Demons remake last month, I wasn't aware that it was going to be a direct to DVD movie. (see original post here) The projected release date for this film will be October 19, 2010. (October 11, for those of you in the UK) Looks like it'll be a decent remake, Shannon Elizabeth will be playing the role of Angela. Hopefully I'll be able to snag a copy and throw up a review!!


From director Wes Craven (A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hills Have Eyes), comes his first ever 3-D feature. According to the trailer, seven kids were born on the day a serial killer was supposedly put to death. Problem is, they think he might've been reincarnated into one of the children. Now that they're all approaching their 16th birthday, people are beginning to disappear all over again. Could it be that the Riverton Ripper has made his long awaited return?



While I have admitted in the past that I have a total 3-D fetish and will watch a movie for no reason other than the fact that it's in 3-D. Since they've been saturating the market lately with all these stupid movies (Step Up 3D, are you fucking serious?!) that have no need to be in 3-D, I'm a little more cautious in what I wanna see. Piranha 3D was absolutely AMAZING. Something about My Soul to Take just didn't jump out at me. If you're excited for this movie, please don't let me discourage you from watching it (You can even leave your comments on the movie here!!) but I think I'll wait on this one. This movie releases tomorrow October 8, 2010.


Also coming out tomorrow, with a limited theatrical release, is the remake of I Spit on Your Grave. (Warning, trailers on that link will autoplay. I didn't know that before I added them on there) Anchor Bay will be releasing the DVD early next year. Supposedly an unrated theatrical release, this movie promises more torture and violence. Let's see if they deliver.

Last but not least, I have something that I stumbled across and felt it was absolutely necessary to share with all of you...

A fan film that was made on a budget of $500 USD. I just finished the download, gonna go check it out now. For more details on the film itself, as well as bonus features and other extras, check out: http://www.braxtanfilm.com/fvgb.html