Sunday, September 5, 2010

Street Fighter Fan Films

These are two fan films that I saw over at KungFuCinema.com (visit link for more details on both films). By far, some of the coolest fan stuff I've ever seen.



I liked the effects in that one. Everything was very... clean looking.



I liked the the execution in that one. Friendly competition, classic Street Fighter moves, feels more like the game coming to life or me being sucked into it. Filmed on a modest budget of $400, it doesn't look as clean and smooth as the first.

The first one had better costumes and better special effects but the second one felt more satisfying to watch as a fan. (At least to me!!) I felt like they represented different aspects of the game... The first being more like a cut scene from story mode and the second was more like an actual match. Both, are totally sweet.

8 comments:

  1. EPIC! The first one got the setting and movements down. Everything from the stance, taunts, costumes and music was right on. The second one had a lot of basic moves seen in the game which was really well put together as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, isn't it though? I figured SOMEONE was gonna get a kick out of these. Both totally epic fan films... some of the best I've ever seen. Epic win!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A New Challenger Appears!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2G1f0DlO9A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you show that sick one with Jackie Chan in it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one to me looked like a in game fight too. Even from how Ken blocked Ryu's Hadouken, I think the first one got it down more accurately. Plus I like how the first one they were bare feet like in the game. The sandals from the second one kinda throws the image off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first one had the blocks and everything but I liked how the second one actually had the rounds and stuff. Also, I fuckin LOVE how the 2nd round ended with that signature Ken throw. (deals a TON of damage in the game) Costumes, special effects, choreography... there's no denying how good and accurate the first one was but I suspect it had a bigger budget to play with.

    Also, anyone looking for the nasty Jackie Chan clip can go to the KungFuCinema link... I'm not gonna put it up. (Not in this post at least!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like street fighter. The first one is way better than the second.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sarah, yeah... I totally think the first one had a bigger budget than the second.

    ReplyDelete